Wednesday 2 November 2011

Super Teacher Worksheets

During one of my many searches of the internet for free things to help with homeschooling my Monkey, I came across the super teacher worksheets site. So far all of the sheets I have looked at are quite good. It has become my go to site if I need extra sheets to reinforce a topic.

Monkey is definitely a child who loves doing worksheets. When she was three I printed off some pre-printing worksheets that I had found on the internet for free and she became obsessed with worksheets. I had put them in page protectors so she could use a dry erase marker with them and do them over and over and over again. She would beg me to do her "special binder" every day when I would get home from work.

Anyway, back to the super teacher worksheets site. Mainly I have been using them for their phonics sheets. They have quite a few to choose from for each letter, so it is easy to find ones she enjoys doing. With a DD who is very reluctant to practice her printing, I can disguise her printing as phonics worksheets. She is doing so well with these sheets that I will be using them for each letter.




One of the worksheets for each letter sound is this one. She cuts out the provided letter tiles that will make the two words that are pictured. Then she sounds out the letters to figure out how to spell the words and gets to glue the letters in place. This is the letter "m" sheet. She truly amazes me at how she can figure out the words from the letter sounds since only 8 weeks ago she wanted nothing to do with learning how to read. I am so proud of her!

Have a peek at their site. There are lots of worksheets for language arts, math, science and social studies for different grade levels. I know I will be using their worksheets many times in the weeks, months and probably years to come.

Happy Homeschooling All
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment