Thursday 24 November 2011

Miracles

I have always believed in miracles, but until a couple of weeks ago had never experienced anything like this in my own life.
You see, I had always wanted a large family with at least 4 kids, but unfortunately life wasn't going to work out that way. After 5 years of trying for children, I finally became pregnant and gave birth to my beautiful little Monkey only after the use of fertility medication. We then continued trying for more children but were never able to get pregnant, and I wasn't willing to do the medication again as I didn't like the side effects the first time around and couldn't go through that while caring for a toddler. Also, I am considered high risk as my first pregnancy came with  many complications and the delivery of my Monkey a full 6 weeks early.
After a couple of years of trying we resigned ourselves to the fact that we would only ever have one child and realized that there were a lot of benefits to having only one child.
At least until a couple of weeks ago. For the last couple of months I haven't been feeling like myself and was believing I may need to go back on anti-depressant medication. My husband apparently had other thoughts and instead of me going to the doctor for a prescription, he went out and bought a pregnancy test. Apparently this time Hubby knew best as the test came back positive.
WOW! was the first thing that went through my head. I am still finding it hard to believe that I could be pregnant. I am still in a daze that this could be real, but the little beating heart in the ultrasound definitely confirmed it.
So over the last couple of weeks of doctor appointments, full blown pregnancy symptoms and mindblowing disbelief, we haven't been doing much school work. We are just starting to get back into doing school some the last couple of days, and should be up and running full force next week when I will start more regular posting about our activities.

Thanks
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment