Wednesday 9 November 2011

Organizing

It is amazing how much stuff is used on a daily basis when homeschooling. And in a small house without room for a separate school room, it is challenging finding space for everything. I have really enjoyed seeing some of the posts over the last few months of peoples school rooms. I like looking closely at any pictures people post to try to see what ideas they have used in their rooms to organize things, and what I might be able to incorporate here.

Most of our school work is done at the kitchen table, but everything can't stay there since it is our only table to eat at. I have been trying to come up with some ways to store things so that it is super easy to get out and put back away.

Enter: the shower caddy!
I was strolling through our local wal-mart shortly after starting our homeschool journey and happened upon this shower caddy that was on sale for $3. I realized instantly the potential. This holds our glue, scissors, pens, pencils, crayons, notebooks, stapler, etc. Now when we start our school work, I just grab the handle and carry it to the table. Then, when we finish, I can set it back on its shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment